A Lifestyle Addiction can be identified as a social and or individual predisposition to any anti-social, harmful, and destructive way of living that may or may not include intoxicants.
Compulsion - an irresistible urge to behave in a certain way, especially against one's conscious wishes.
Craving - a powerful desire for something.
Consequences - a result or effect of an action or condition.
Control - to have power over or rule.
All, are unique to addiction.
An Addict can be anyone who can't control the impulse to perform a destructive or harmful act to themselves or others for the sake of their own selfish satisfaction.
A Restorative Practitioner helps individuals, communities, or organizations resolve conflicts, repair harm, and build positive relationships through restorative practices. These practitioners facilitate dialogues, mediate disputes, and promote accountability and healing in various settings such as schools, workplaces, and justice systems. They focus on restoring relationships and promoting understanding, empathy, and reconciliation among those involved in conflicts or harm.
1. Resolving conflicts: Facilitating dialogues and processes to address conflicts and disagreements in a constructive and restorative manner.
2. Repairing harm: Helping individuals and communities heal from harm and trauma by promoting accountability, empathy, and understanding.
3. Building positive relationships: Fostering positive relationships and communication among individuals and groups to prevent future conflicts.
4. Promoting accountability: Encouraging individuals to take responsibility for their actions and make amends for any harm caused.
5. Enhancing community well-being: Contributing to the overall well-being and harmony of communities by promoting restorative approaches to justice and conflict resolution.
My Clients are Correctional Facilities, Probation Officers, Transitional Housing, Neighborhood Organizations, Treatment Centers, Local Union SEIU 26, Restorative Justice Community Action, Minneapolis Peacebuilders, Nonprofit Agencies, wed and unwed parents and youth.
ManUcan Consulting builds healthy relationships and collaborates with other consultant firms that are culturally relevant with similar visions and focus on liberation and healing.
ManUcan is driven to reduce relapse & recidivism, revitalize social investments while increasing retention, and support sustainably safer communities.
There are 5 long-standing Principles of Restorative Practices: